Friday, October 29, 2010

A moment of silence...

I went through a lot with this cake, it was the largest cake ive made. I wasnt sure if I could handle it...from there being no space in my refrigerator, never making a marble cake before, making a cake for many people I dont even know, to my mixer breaking while I was making the frosting!....but none of that matters....the cake will be shared, but not with those intended....

This cake was supposed to be for a celebration. A friend of mine won her fight with Breast Cancer. What better way to celebrate than with the signature pink ribbon. Unfortunately there was an unexpected, untimely non cancer related death within her family just one day before the party. Although there will be no celebration there was no way I wouldn't finish this cake for her. My prayers are with her.

I am sorry for your loss.

I dedicate this cake to everyone that knows someone who has died from Breast Cancer, to everyone who has survived and knows someone that has survived, to the people who show support in different ways in the fight against Breast Cancer and of course to my friend. I love you. God is with you.








1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this cake is huge in size and with the story behind it. My mom just won her fight with breast cancer and got her clean papers just one week ago, so this cause has become very close to me. Such a good job Gracie!

    ReplyDelete